- Sex: F
- Born: ABT. 1727 in Newton, Middlesex Co., MA1
- Died: 20 JUN 1804 in Pomfret, Windham Co., CT1
Some researchers have suggested that Anna Stowell is the daughter of Jonathan Stowell and his first wife Margaret Hammond. This does not appear to be possible. Anna died in 1804 at age 77 hence born 1727. Margaret Hammond died 15 may 1722, five years before the birth of Anna. Jonathan married Margaret Hewett on 6 March 1723, but Anna does not fit in between Margaret, b. 16 December 1726 and Mary, born 2 August 1728, as there are only 19 months between them. Jonathan does not mention Anna in his will. David married Mary Dillaway in 1725 and Anna is supposed to be their eldest child. David was a member of Hampton Church. There is nothing to show that Jonathan ever lived at Hampton.
Father: David Stowell, b. ABT. 1693 in Newton, Middlesex Co., MA
Mother: Mary Dillaway
Family 1: Ebenezer Stoddard, b. 8 MAR 1720/21 in Newton, Middlesex Co., MA
- Married: 21 JAN 1747/48 in Hampton, Windham Co., CT1
- Judith Stoddard, b. 24 SEP 1749 in Pomfret, Windham Co., CT
- Amasa Stoddard, b. 5 DEC 1750 in Pomfret, Windham Co., CT
- Ebenezer Stoddard, b. 10 SEP 1752 in Pomfret, Windham Co., CT
- Lois Stoddard, b. 10 OCT 1759 in Pomfret, Windham Co., CT
- Anna Stoddard, b. 9 JAN 1761 in Pomfret, Windham Co., CT
- Title: Stowell Genealogy: A Record of the Descendants of Samuel Stowell of Hingham, Massachusetts
Author: William Henry Harrison Stowell
Note: Received Photocopy of pp 18-20, 32-33, 45-49, 79-81, 160-162, 312-315 from Lauren Brandt (email@example.com), April 2000.
Page: p. 48
|Add a Link
Please send corrections, additions or comments to John B. Lisle
Created by IGMGet (modified by Randy Winch) Version 2.7 (Program Information)
Copyright 1996 © Tim Doyle
A component of the Indexed GEDCOM Method of GenWeb authoring.