- Sex: M
- Born: 14 JAN 1783 in ____, ____, CT
- Died: 21 FEB 1854 in Flemingville, Tioga Co., NY
- 1830 Census: 1830 in Owego, Tioga Co., NY, p. 285
- 1840 Census: 1840 in Owego, Tioga Co., NY, p. 87
- 1850 Census: 1850 in Owego, Tioga Co., NY, p. 223 1790 in Flemingville, Tioga Co., NY
Amzi "came to Tioga County with his sister's family, Mrs. Polly Pritchard, in 1790, and settled upon the farm now (1888) owned by Asa Pritchard." "He was seven years of age when his sister was married, and he accompanied her to Flemingville. He became the owner of the farm next above the Pritchard farm, on which his son, Lyman Stedman, now resides."
"He married Anna Canfield, who bore him thirteen children, three of whom, Amos C., Rachel (Mrs. Rachel Cogswell) and Lyman T., are living.
The Historical Gazeteer of Tioga Co. NY 1785-1888
Father: John Stedman, b. BEF. 28 DEC 1740 in ____, Hartford Co., CT
Mother: Mary Frances Hotchkiss, b. 21 JUL 1747
Family 1: Anna Canfield, b. 1787 in ____, ____, NY
- Married: in ____, Tioga Co., NY
- Ezra Stedman, b. ABT. 1814 in Owego, Tioga Co., NY
- Amos Canfield Stedman, b. 23 JUN 1815 in Hartford, Hartford Co., CT
- Mary M. Stedman, b. ABT. 1820
- Rachel Stedman, b. ABT. 1822
- Lyman T. Stedman, b. 1823
- Amzi Stedman, b. 1824
|Add a Link
Please send corrections, additions or comments to John B. Lisle
Created by IGMGet (modified by Randy Winch) Version 2.7 (Program Information)
Copyright 1996 © Tim Doyle
A component of the Indexed GEDCOM Method of GenWeb authoring.